Wednesday 18 April 2007

First Entry - Day one of the Campaign

Saturday April 14
Started leafleting in Wollaton, Bramcote Lane shops. Gave out flyers to shoppers about British vets fees, the highest in Europe. The flier had picture of Elvis and a dog on it - they seemed to agree, yes vet's fees are expensive. Many talked about their dead pets with fond memories. I also got other responses - “I'm National Front, but I like Elvis.” said one woman. Others laugh “How many are in your party?”, says a couple, “just me and Elvis”, they laugh even more.

The shoppers are drifting away now, the Grand National is about to start. I go to the Willoughby Arms for a pint and have a pound bet on 'Royal Auclair'. He falls down half way 'round the course. I wonder how much the vet charged his owner for services rendered?

Went leafleting on Sunday around the Wollaton Sports Club and the Admiral Rodney. “Are the BNP standing?”, asks one bloke. No-one has asked me about asylum seekers yet, but it's bound to come. “This place is full of apathy”, says an elderly chap, “Wollaton is like a cemetery with lights.” Hhhmmm, sounds just the place for the Dead Elvis Party to set up it's stall – we shall see.

No comments: