Wednesday 18 April 2007

Monday 16th April

Get up, have some bread and jam and start sorting out some leaflets. The phone goes, it's the "Proud of Nottingham Party" (that's local Labour). "Did you know Dick Benson, Tory Candidate for Wollaton West is an Ex-Judge whose soft on paedophiles" rasps a rough voice. "No I didn't". "We've got some newspaper clippings on him". " Send me them in the post and I'll have a look".

I wonder what "Soft Dick" would have made of Elvis's relationship with Priscilla which started when she was 14. The SUN would have had a field day, thank god it didn't exist in 1958.

I go to Wollaton and do some leafleting in an old peoples home. The warden laughs at me when I say I'm the Militant Elvis Party. "Lots of Elvis fans in here" she says. I give her the leaflet of Elvis and the dog.

Go back to Nottingham and get some more hair dye, my roots are showing. Dive in the 'Dog and Partridge' for a pint, there's a disco on, its too noisy for me, I'm off. Go round to my friends for tea and watch a documentary on BBC2 about 'Jersalem Elvis', an Israeli Elvis impersonator. Apparently the King sends him messages on crumpled bits of paper scattered around his house. That never happens to me, life is so unfair.

No comments: