Sunday 22 April 2007

Thursday afternoon, April 19th

It's 2:30pm, I make a cup of tea and read the Evening Post. Ian C. Gray, the Wollaton poet is in again. Surprise, surprise. I design a new flier featuring Corporal Cowan. Traffic Violator Abuses City Bus Lane. That evening me and my treasurer go and see the Al Gore film 'An Inconvenient Truth', it's on at the Methodist Church in Wollaton.

I take some fliers to give out 'Save Oil – Bonk Locally' with a picture of Boris Johnson. When I see the worthy looking congregation, I decide to 'bottle out'. By the look of them their bonking days are long gone!

The films very good but depressing. If we don't stop the ice caps melting we're all going to drown, basically. I try to imagine Wollaton under water and picture Ian C. Gray clad in a diving suit sitting at his desk, typing a poem. Nothings going to stop that bloody nuisances 'creative' outpourings.

I look at Al Gores bald spot. I hope mines not as big as his. I feel even more depressed. The films finished, thank God, stuff the discussion, we're off to the pub. My treasurer heads for 'The Gladstone', it's quiz night. I end up in one of Gun City's premier shooting galleries, 'The Elm Tree'. A pint of draught Valium will go down very nicely thank you. Cheers!

No comments: